quarta-feira, 15 de fevereiro de 2012

A New York Story: Gramercy Typewriter Co.




A few day ago I've received an email from Matthew Walker, he came across my blog and asked me if I'd mind publishing a short film he made. Obviously it was related to typewriters :)

By his own words and I quote "I came across your blog recently and really enjoy it - we seem to share the same affinity and nostalgia for older technologies. I wanted to reach out about a little film I made about one of the last sales and service typewriter businesses in New York City - Gramercy Typewriter Company who is owned and operated by Paul Schweitzer. I thought perhaps you and your readers might enjoy it - please feel free to post it to your site if your deem fit."

I don't know if you ever came across this film or if you know Matthew. I confess that I felt very honored by this invitation... So I proudly present you a typewriter short film by Matthew Walker and the link to its web page.

Take this opportunity to express my gratitude and respect for all those who allow that typewriters are as vivid today as before, and who devote their lives and dedicate their jobs in repairing and improving these magnificent machines.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nick-barnicle/a-new-york-story-gramercy_b_1231046.html

6 comentários:

  1. Nice, I'm glad this got shown here in your blog.
    And I'm really loving your new background!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. What a great story. Thanks for sharing it.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I'm glad you've enjoyed it. Thanks for watching it.

      Eliminar
  3. Very nice film. I've met the Schweitzers and they are great guys!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I bet they are! And I'd love to have one of them around here.

      Eliminar